WorkSTEPS Total Sleep Solution
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a common but underdiagnosed breathing disorder that occurs during sleep. It happens when the upper airway — the portion between the back of the nose and the voice box — collapses, blocking the air from reaching the lungs. Studies show that those with untreated OSA have a higher risk of motor vehicle crash. Therefore, untreated OSA in commercial drivers puts both the driver and the public at risk.
Common Risk Factors for Sleep Apnea
- Middle aged and older men; postmenopausal women
- Obesity with a BMI at or above 33
- Neck size over 17” in men and 16” in women
- A narrow upper airway
- Cardiovascular disease, especially high blood pressure
Testing for OSA
Testing takes only one night and happens at home in your own bed. Thanks to cutting-edge WatchPAT technology patients can avoid costly and expensive overnight in-clinic sleep studies.
Untreated OSA and Your Health
The effects are serious and many…
- 2.5x more likely to have high blood pressure
- 3.9x more likely to have congestive heart failure
- 2x chance of heart attack and/or stroke
- 2x chance of dying during sleep hours
- Contributes to sexual incompetence
- 40% greater risk of depression
- Commercial drivers 5x more likely to crash
- Untreated OSA can result in death 10 years sooner than if treated\
Home use of a CPAP machine is the gold standard for OSA treatment.
“It was the first time in years that I didn’t have this recurring nightmare of me being trapped underwater, never reaching the top…I used to wake up gasping for air. The change was like night and day; I never realized how sleep deprived I’d been until I got the machine. It gave me back my sanity!” – CPAP User
Our Industry-Leading Sleep Apnea Services
- Overnight testing in your own bed
- Gets drivers recertified and/or back on the road fast
- DOT approved with chain of custody Can be set up anywhere in the U.S.
- Managed CPAP compliance for patient success
- Concierge patient support
- We work with your DOT medical examiner for simple CDL medical recertification
Ongoing Patient Support
- In-person patient education and setup anywhere in the U.S.
- Personalized equipment fit with registered sleep professionals
- We go the extra mile to ensure the best patient experience
Call WorkSTEPS‘s sleep apnea experts at +1 (800) 460-4804 to get started.