WorkSTEPS is pleased to provide our 2018 Training and Recertification Summits. Once again, these sessions will be conducted in lieu of our annual symposium. We have 13 sessions in different cities to choose from in 2018 beginning in late January. Each session will be 1.5 days in duration (8am-5pm on Friday and 8am-12pm on Saturday) and offer up to 11 continuing education units. Early bird pricing is available and each session has limited seating.
Please note that in some cities, we will not be reserving room blocks or negotiating room rates at hotels but we will provide a listing of local accommodations that are within walking distance. Each city was chosen with the possibility of making weekend plans in mind and therefore, recommendations of local activities and attractions will also be provided to assist in your selection.
How do I know if I need to attend a live training in 2018?
- You are a new Provider for WorkSTEPS testing, you need to complete your certification by attending a live training. We also highly recommend that you complete the online training before you attend your live session so that you will get more out of your live training. Once you have registered and paid for your live session, we will enroll you to complete the online training for free.
- You are an existing Provider due for re-certification (please refer to the information below regarding re-certification requirements for existing Providers).
- You have a new employee that you need to have trained on the WorkSTEPS Employment Testing?
- You are in need of Job Analysis training and refresher.
Existing Providers: Re-certification Information (please read carefully)
- All Providers must be up-to-date with their WorkSTEPS certification to maintain compliance with their licensing agreement. Many of WorkSTEPS corporate contracts involve quality assurance parameters that include training and recertification that eliminate or significantly limit your liability should any problem ever arise.
- Re-certification is an annual requirement either by attending an in-person training or by completing the online training – you can switch the method of re-certification on an “every other year” basis.
- If you attended an in-person/live training in 2017 to complete your initial certification or re-certification, you only have to complete the online training in 2018 to re-certify and remain compliant. The cost of the online training course is $250 per person.
- If you have not attended an in-person/live training since December 2016, you are due to appear in person to complete your re-certification in 2018. And then, in 2019, you’re able to take the online training to re-certify and so on.
All Summits are designed to fulfill certification requirements for new Providers as well as suffice for re-certification for existing Providers.
If you are not certain if you are due for re-certification, please contact Jenifer LaRossa, our Compliance Manager at (512) 617-4100, ext. 229 or at JeniferL@worksteps.com.