With WorkSTEPS, You Have a Partner That Will Help You…
- Hire Smart. As the pioneer in evidence-based physical abilities assessments and testing, WorkSTEPS can help you make well-informed, objective and legally-defensible employment decisions so your next hire is a smart hire.
- Turn Health & Safety into a Competitive Advantage. With WorkSTEPS Regulatory Medical Exams & Fit for Duty Exams, you can be certain that your organization is compliant, and that you have a partner committed to helping you improve workforce health, safety and productivity while reducing risks and costs.
- Systematically Speed the Safe Return to Work for Injured or Ill Employees. The healthcare system is not designed with your employees’ safe and timely return to work as a primary goal. WorkSTEPS can work with you to determine your return to work strategy, help your employees navigate the recovery process, and implement processes, policies, and technologies that enable you to do it all consistently and in compliance with the law.
When WorkSTEPS works for you, you have a partner that will help you improve the health, safety, and productivity of your employees. Contact us to learn more about how WorkSTEPS can work for you.
Whether hiring 10 employees or 10,000, you need confidence that the people you engage are capable of safely performing the jobs you’re hiring them to do, and that they meet other employment requirements. And it’s critical that the employment decisions you make are based on legally compliant information and processes. Join thousands of companies who trust WorkSTEPS as their partner to make sure the next employee they hire can safely contribute to the success of their business.
When it comes to managing occupational health and safety (OHS), you know that protecting the health and safety of your employees and the bottom line and reputation of your company requires more than a “check-the-box” approach. Regulatory compliance is critical, but it’s just the baseline for organizations seeking to create a culture where OHS becomes a source of competitive advantage. If this is your ambition, WorkSTEPS is your partner. See what WorkSTEPS’ experience, data-driven insights, and best-in-class services can do for you.
Everyone benefits when an employee who has been injured or ill returns to work in a safe and timely manner. The employee typically regains the full income and the dignity that come with work; and the employer regains the experience and productivity of a qualified employee. With WorkSTEPS Injury Management and Return to Work services, employers of all sizes have access to experienced professionals, proven systems, and state-of-the-art technologies, all geared to help employees who are injured or become ill (on or off the job), return to work as quickly and safely as possible.
The WorkSTEPS Advantage
WorkSTEPS‘ content-valid functional employment testing includes pre-employment post-offer testing, post-employment fit-for-duty testing, upper quadrant/carpal tunnel testing, return-to-work fit-for-duty, and functional capacity evaluations (FCE) post-injury. We take great pride in offering a suite of outcome validated, individualized functional employment tests for every stage of employment and injury management: New Hire, Existing Employee, and Injured Worker. Our tests are medically-safe, legally compliant, scientific and objective, and specifically-designed to match a worker’s functional capabilities with the essential functions of the job.
The WorkSTEPS program has become a critical part of an organized and systematic business model that is automated, validated, measurable, and offers a predictable return on investment. Companies that begin using WorkSTEPS experience significant and immediate results – typically a 40-to-50 percent reduction in Workers’ Compensation claims and related costs over the previous year, with continued reductions thereafter.
Employers that begin utilizing the WorkSTEPS program experience the following benefits:
- Reduced Workers’ Compensation claims
- Decreased turnover
- Increased worker productivity
- Safer work environment
- Reduced lost time
- Diminished incidence of fraud and abuse
- Reduced modifier rates and Workers’ Compensation premium
- Reduced Group Health costs
WorkSTEPS‘ program also helps mitigate costs and days-lost due to injury throughout the post-injury process, offering the following benefits:
- Historical pre-injury data from post-offer tests can be used as a “baseline” for claims
- WorkSTEPS testing data can assist in resolution of claims
- WorkSTEPS testing helps mitigate the number and cost of claims
- WorkSTEPS testing helps evaluate physical performance and capabilities post-injury
- WorkSTEPS data helps facilitate accommodation to reduce employee time-lost due to injury