WorkSTEPS Announces Retirement of Lindee Greer After Decades with the Company; Accepting Applications for National Training Director
Lindee Greer, National Training Director for WorkSTEPS, recently announced that she will be retiring from the company, and has accepted a service position at her church. Lindee leaves after 22 years with the company. While the WorkSTEPS team is excited for Lindee’s new opportunity, her expertise and friendship will be greatly missed.
“Lindee has been an invaluable member of the WorkSTEPS team since she first began working at Odessa Physical Therapy more than 20 years ago,” said WorkSTEPS CEO Larry Feeler. “Lindee was integral in overseeing expert training of our national provider network, provided insightful counsel, and was instrumental in ensuring that WorkSTEPS consistently delivered a legally-compliant, medically-safe, comprehensive and objective service. During her time with the company, WorkSTEPS expanded from a small company licensing local providers to administer our services, into the country’s leading provider of functional employment testing. We are grateful to have worked with such a wonderful person for so many years.”
Lindee will continue in her position with WorkSTEPS through August to oversee the hiring and training of her replacement, and will occasionally work with WorkSTEPS in a consulting capacity thereafter.
WorkSTEPS is currently in search of a replacement for Lindee, and is seeking qualified candidates for the position of National Training Director.
Interested applicants may submit a resume/curriculum vitae to Stephen Carson via email at email@example.com. Please feel free to pass along this job announcement to candidates that are qualified and interested.
Following are the requirements of the position:
- The Applicant must have one of the following educational qualifications: PT, PTA, OT, COTA, DC, MD, DO or BS/MS and history of work in the field of sports and/or occupational injury recovery.
- The Applicant must have clinical experience administering WorkSTEPS Employment Testing and/or WorkSTEPS FCE Testing.
- The Applicant must participate in two sessions of the WorkSTEPS Employment Testing Training and FCE Training. One of these sessions may be the online Employment Testing Training, but the other must be a ‘live session’ held at Odessa Physical Therapy, Odessa, TX, or an alternate Regional Training Session.
- Upon completion of two training sessions (as specified in III.) the Applicant will be given an opportunity to conduct the WorkSTEPS Employment Testing Training and FCE Training as a student teacher under the auspices of Lindee Greer, Larry Feeler, or other designated WorkSTEPS personnel.
- Before certification is granted, the applicant may be required to conduct up to two additional WorkSTEPS Training Sessions under the auspices of Lindee Greer, Larry Feeler, or other designated WorkSTEPS personnel. This will be dependent upon the level of competency observed in the first session conducted by the Applicant.
- The Certified Trainer’s speaker bio will be requested for submission to the TX State Board of PT/OT Examiners, and the Board must approve the addition of a speaker to the approved Employment Testing/FCE courses before the trainer can offer continuing education units for the WorkSTEPS session he/she teaches.
- All training must be coordinated through WorkSTEPS. National Training Director will handle all invoicing and receipt of payment for live training, and will generate course certificates upon completion of classes and receipt of all required training records.
- Classes taught by the National Training Director are subject to periodic auditing by designated WorkSTEPS personnel. Training Director will be required to attend the annual WorkSTEPS Symposium and meet other reasonable requirements for continuing competency as determined by the WorkSTEPS Corporate Office.
Must demonstrate the ability to read and comprehend the English language proficiently in order to review written materials and develop materials for providers and employer clients.
Must demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills in order to field frequent calls from both providers and employer clients, and in order to adequately present the WorkSTEPS Employment Testing system for training of both providers and employers.
Education of employers and providers may require giving verbal presentations in a variety of settings including, but not limited to, the following:
• ‘Face to face’ meetings with a small number of employer representatives
• Webinar presentations, with or without live video feeds
• Seminar presentations to large groups of varying size
Candidates located in Austin, Texas (WorkSTEPS corporate headquarters), or candidates willing to relocate to the Austin area are preferred, although, at this time, Austin residency is not a requirement.