WorkSTEPS, the pioneer of post-offer pre-employment functional testing, was established by CEO and Founder Larry Feeler (PT, CEAS, NRCME) in 1986 to help industry employers reduce crippling workers compensation claims. The initial goal of the test was simple – to develop a medically-safe, legally-compliant, scientific and objective way to match a prospective workers’ physical abilities with the physical demands of the job.
WorkSTEPS testing soon became an effective and popular tool for employers to reduce workers compensation claims and create a safer workplace. WorkSTEPS has since grown to be the largest national provider of functional employment testing, testing for thousands of employers through a national network of trained, certified, and managed providers.
As the industry evolves, WorkSTEPS is keenly aware that health is an essential component of a company’s most important asset – its people. With that in mind, WorkSTEPS merged with Eureco Health Solutions in 2018 and expanded its suite of services to become a comprehensive provider of business, safety, and occupational health services. Eureco brings new and expanded expertise to the WorkSTEPS team, including that of Chief Medical Officer Ben Hoffman, MD, MPH. Dr. Hoffman is a highly-seasoned physician executive with an extensive background in occupational and environmental health, clinical medicine, and transportation safety. He has worked for government agencies, non-profits, and multinational corporations including GE, Baker Hughes, Waste Management, Anheuser-Busch, and DuPont. Dr. Hoffman is active on numerous committees and boards including Global Health at the National Academy of Sciences/IOM, IPIECA/OGP, and former Chair, US DOT/FMCSA Medical Review Board.
With this change WorkSTEPS strengthens its longtime commitment to help corporations contain and manage costs related to work health and safety. Our clients choose us because we are an employer’s single source for all occupational health and employment services, such as:
- Job Analysis, Validation, and Job Descriptions
- Pre-Employment Post-Offer Functional Testing (to include comprehensive baseline musculoskeletal evaluation)
- Return-to-Work, Post Employment Fitness for Duty
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
- Upper Quadrant/Carpal Tunnel
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Testing, Treatment and Compliance Monitoring
- DOT Physicals
- Medical Exams and Testing
- Medical Surveillance Programs
- Corporate Health Program Management
- Fractional Medical Director Consulting
- Medical Management
- Drug and Alcohol Testing + MRO Services
- Occupational Health Consulting
- Safety Services and Consulting
- Expert Testimony
- Onsite Testing